Have you ever seen that some people feel lonely even if they are in a fun fun-filled crowd? The reason is loneliness does not mean that you are alone. It is different from being alone and to be lonely. You can feel loneliness anytime and anywhere whether people are around you or not.
Loneliness is not limited to a specific gender or health condition and it can affect you at any stage of your life whether you are young or old, adult or senior, and male or female. Therefore you must know how to overcome loneliness.
Table of Contents
Common Reasons for Loneliness Feeling:
To feel lonely does not require any specific reason but few studies about human behavior have shown that few situations and events in life have more prevalence of loneliness as compared to others. Some of them are as follows:
1. Loneliness after Break up:
Although you can feel loneliness at any stage of your life, it is common to feel loneliness when a relationship ends and it can be divorce or break up. When you are in a relationship, you make a mutual space to discuss your all odds and even with each other but after breaking up your emotions stir up badly.
This situation can put you in a lonely feeling until you are very strong or you have another relationship with the same type of understanding and space. After break up you feel yourself on a rollercoaster of your emotions because you have mixed feelings of sadness, grief, and anger.
When a breakup happens, you become isolated from your loved one who is an important part of your life therefore it is difficult to manage your daily life activities and manage work-life balance. If you are divorced then you have to manage your children if any and deal with the matters of child custody therefore you should know how to overcome loneliness after a breakup.
How to Overcome Loneliness After Break Up:
You don’t know when and at what stage of life you will be a victim of loneliness therefore you should know how to overcome loneliness after break up. If this happens then you should try the following tips and techniques;
- It is very important to accept the change and understand the situation to move on with life. To manage the situation and come out of grief and emotional disturbance, you should take part in outdoor activities and make some home changes.
- You can select a new routine of life and change the things that hurt you and remind you about break up.
- You can involve yourself in some leisure time activities such as volunteer work, club membership, and social networking.
2. Loneliness without Friends:
It is a blessing to have meaningless friends that always stay with you whether you are happy or sad. Most people make meaningful connections because they are friendly and have a left and right list of friends.
At some stage of life, you may have no friends and this is the time to feel loneliness. Therefore you should know how to overcome loneliness without friends.
How to Overcome Loneliness without Friends:
This is necessary for you to have an idea about how to overcome loneliness without loneliness because you may have no friends at any time. Some of the ways are as follows:
- Try to learn different ways to live without friends and enjoy your own company by working on your hobbies, and eating your favorite cuisine.
- You should try to practice the common social practices in which you are interested. Social media is a flood of information and has new engaging content therefore you can get busy with it in no time.
- You can try to adopt new things and become active in it and it will be interesting for you. You can install smart gadgets in your house to get out of a boring routine and find something interesting to come out of loneliness.
3. Loneliness and Depression:
Do you know that loneliness and depression are interlinked? When you feel lonely, you may go into a condition of sadness and low moods that is called depression. Loneliness can be sudden or may develop over time when your emotions are hurt or you lose your job.
How to Overcome Loneliness and Depression:
Different life time events can lead to loneliness and depression therefore you should know how to overcome loneliness and depression.
- The most important thing that helps you to cope with depression is to write down your thoughts and feelings because it acts as a release of bad emotions.
- You can write a list of things that make you happy and grateful. It will help you to stay positive in life and feel good about such things.
- In depression and loneliness, you can check your relationships and maintain only those that put positive energy into your daily life.
- If you think that you have tried all ways to overcome depression but you are still in the same phase then you should seek the help of professionals, who guide you daily to get out of it.
Loneliness is a common feeling that many of you have once in your life therefore it is vital to know how to overcome loneliness otherwise it will worsen your mental state and you can go to severe depression. Depression is a medical condition of low moods that requires proper professional sessions and medications for treatment.
How someone accept and want to be alone?
Many factors push a person to select loneliness such as stress, life changes, medical conditions, transitions, less social, and fear of being cheated.
Is loneliness painful and hurts?
There is no doubt that loneliness always hurts whether you are a junior or senior. In the latest studies, it has been seen that ostracized feelings hurt by activating the pain center in the nervous system.
How long does a person stay lonely?
Well, it depends on the person, his/her mood, mental health, and feelings and it ranges from a few hours to years.
What is the most common cause of loneliness?
Loneliness is not associated with a single symptom but different factor leads to loneliness. If it stays longer we can say it is an emotional disturbance.