Each year we learn more and more about how your environment has a huge impact on our health and well-being. And where do we spend most of our time? In our house
If you’ve seen the critically acclaimed Australian movie, The Castle, you will know that Darryl Kerrigan profoundly declares about his own house: “It’s not a house. It’s a home”. And it is with this ethos we at enkel.life strive to find ways to create your home while also improving your health and well-being. This is why we have written articles like: The top 11 searched for points in modern design for 2023 to improve your home and The top 10 Scandinavian decor designs you need for your home.
So if you look at the following list, which is in no particular order, you might be able to find ways to change your home that improves your health and well-being.
Table of Contents
1. Invest in air purifiers to improve the indoor air quality
Investing in an air purifier is a practical and effective way to enhance the indoor air quality of your home and will promote a healthier living environment for you and your family.
2. Use non-toxic cleaning products to reduce the amount of chemicals in your home
By using non-toxic cleaning products, you can significantly minimize the presence of harmful chemicals in your home and create a safer and healthier living space.
3. Use natural light bulbs to reduce eye strain and improve sleep quality
Switching to natural light bulbs can help reduce eye strain, enhance your mood and energy levels, and improve the quality of your sleep
4. Install dimmer switches to control the intensity of light in your home
Installing dimmer switches can give you the flexibility to adjust the brightness of the lighting in your home, create a cozy and comfortable atmosphere, and conserve energy. Check out which dimmer is right for your home.
5. Get a houseplant to improve indoor air quality
6. Incorporate indoor plants for mental health benefits
Indoor plants have been shown to provide numerous mental health benefits, such as reducing stress, increasing feelings of calmness and relaxation, improving air quality, and boosting overall mood and well-being.
7. Get a water filter to remove impurities in tap water
Getting a water filter is an excellent way to remove impurities in tap water and ensure that you are drinking clean and safe water.
8. Keep a humidifier in the home during dry seasons
Using a humidifier in your home during dry seasons can provide numerous
benefits for your health and overall well-being which can include: Relieving dry
skin, ease congestion, prevent flu and colds, improve sleep, and protect furniture
and electronics from dry air that can crack and warp or static electricity that can
damage your electronics.
9. Reduce clutter to promote a calming environment
Reducing clutter in your home can help promote a calming environment, reduce stress and anxiety, and improve your overall well-being including improved productivity and creativity, mood and better sleep.
10. Use essential oils to promote relaxation
Using essential oils can be an effective way to promote relaxation and reduce stress. Essential oils are concentrated plant extracts that can be used for their therapeutic properties.
11. Get a diffuser to disperse essential oils
A diffuser is a device used to disperse essential oils into the air, allowing their aroma and therapeutic properties to fill the room. Diffusers come in different styles, including ultrasonic diffusers, nebulizing diffusers, and evaporative diffusers.
12.Paint the walls with a soothing color
Painting the walls with a soothing color can create a calming and relaxing environment in your home. When choosing a soothing color for your walls, consider the overall mood you want to create in the room. Lighter shades of blue, green, and gray can create a softer and more calming effect, while darker shades can create a more dramatic and sophisticated atmosphere.
13. Get a comfortable mattress to improve sleep quality
A good quality mattress can improve sleep in several ways. Firstly, it can provide better support for your body, helping to reduce aches and pains that can keep you awake at night.
14. Use blackout curtains to promote better sleep
Blackout curtains are designed to block out all natural light, creating a dark and cozy environment that can promote deeper, more restful sleep.
15. Install a ceiling fan to improve air circulation
Ceiling fans can help circulate air and regulate room temperature, promoting a comfortable and restful sleep environment.
16. Use natural fragrances instead of artificial fragrances
Using natural fragrances instead of artificial fragrances can create a more calming and relaxing environment, as they do not contain synthetic chemicals that can cause irritation or allergic reactions in some people.
17. Use organic bedding to reduce exposure to chemicals
Organic bedding can help reduce exposure to potentially harmful chemicals and toxins, promoting a healthier and more restful sleep environment.
18. Get a standing desk to promote physical activity while working
Standing desks can help reduce the negative health effects of prolonged sitting, such as back pain, poor posture, and reduced circulation, while also promoting increased energy and productivity.
19. Invest in ergonomic chairs to improve posture
Ergonomic chairs are designed to provide proper support and alignment for the body, reducing the risk of back pain and promoting better posture and comfort during extended periods of sitting.
20. Use a foam roller to reduce muscle tension
Using a foam roller can help alleviate muscle tension and soreness, promote better flexibility and mobility, and improve overall physical performance and well-being.
21. Take regular breaks from screen time to reduce eye strain
Taking regular breaks from screen time can help reduce eye strain and fatigue, as well as prevent other negative effects of prolonged screen use such as headaches, neck pain, and disrupted sleep patterns.
22. Get an ergonomic keyboard to reduce wrist strain
Ergonomic keyboards are designed to reduce the risk of repetitive strain injuries, such as carpal tunnel syndrome, by providing a more natural and comfortable typing position that supports the wrists, hands, and arms.
23. Use a lumbar support cushion to reduce back pain
Using a lumbar support cushion can help alleviate back pain by providing proper support and alignment for the lower back, reducing pressure and strain on the spine during prolonged periods of sitting.
24. Get a footrest to improve posture
Using a footrest can help improve posture and reduce strain on the lower back and legs by promoting a more natural and comfortable sitting position that allows for proper circulation and alignment of the body.
25. Keep a journal to track progress and reflect on your wellbeing
Keeping a journal can be a helpful tool for tracking progress, identifying patterns, and reflecting on your emotional and physical wellbeing, helping you to better understand your own needs and make positive changes in your life.
26. Practice meditation to promote relaxation
Meditation is a technique that involves focusing the mind on a particular object, thought, or activity in order to achieve a state of mental clarity and calmness.
27. Use a sound machine to promote better sleep
Sound machines can help promote better sleep by providing soothing, ambient sounds that can mask unwanted background noise, create a more relaxing sleep environment, and promote a deeper, more restful sleep.
28. Get a yoga mat to practice yoga at home
Yoga mats provide a comfortable and non-slip surface for practicing yoga, helping to improve balance, stability, and alignment, while also cushioning joints and reducing the risk of injury.
29. Practice yoga to reduce stress and improve flexibility
Yoga is a mind-body practice that combines physical postures, breathing exercises, and meditation to promote relaxation, improve flexibility and strength, reduce stress and anxiety, and enhance overall physical and mental well-being.
30. Get a massage chair to reduce muscle tension
Massage chairs can provide a range of therapeutic benefits, such as reducing muscle tension and soreness, improving circulation, promoting relaxation and stress relief, and enhancing overall physical and mental well-being.
31. Incorporate a meditation corner in your home
Creating a designated meditation corner in your home can provide a peaceful and calming space to help cultivate mindfulness and reduce stress.
32. Use a noise-canceling device to reduce stress
A noise-canceling device is a technology that uses active noise control to reduce or eliminate unwanted ambient sounds by producing sound waves that are opposite in phase to the incoming sound waves, resulting in cancellation or reduction of the original sound.
33. Install a home gym to promote physical activity
As we’ve written previously, a home gym can be a convenient and cost-effective way to maintain a regular exercise routine, with the flexibility to customize workouts and eliminate the need for a gym membership.
34. Use an exercise ball to improve posture
An exercise ball, also known as a Swiss ball, can be a versatile and effective tool for improving balance, stability, and core strength, with a wide range of exercises that can be performed using the ball.
35. Use a kettlebell to improve cardio and strength training
Kettlebells are a popular piece of fitness equipment that can be used for a variety of exercises, including swings, squats, and snatches, to improve strength, endurance, and cardiovascular fitness.
36. Get a yoga block to improve flexibility
A yoga block is a helpful tool for both beginners and advanced practitioners, providing support, stability, and alignment in various yoga poses and stretches.
37. Use a jump rope for cardio training
Jump rope is a simple yet effective cardiovascular exercise that can be done almost anywhere, providing numerous health benefits such as improving coordination, agility, and endurance.
38. Use a medicine ball for core strength and cardio
Using a medicine ball for core strength and cardio exercises can be an effective way to challenge and engage the entire body, improving power, coordination, and overall fitness levels.
39. Use an adjustable desk converter to switch between sitting and standing
An adjustable desk converter can be a great addition to any workspace, allowing you to easily switch between sitting and standing positions throughout the day, promoting better posture, reducing back pain, and increasing productivity.Use a pull-up assist band to improve upper body strength.
40. Incorporate hand weights for upper body strength
Hand weights, also known as dumbbells, can be a versatile and effective tool for building strength, toning muscles, and increasing bone density, with a variety of exercises that can be performed using different weights and repetitions.
41. Build a raised garden bed for growing your own fruits and vegetables
A raised garden bed can be a convenient and efficient way to grow your own fresh fruits and vegetables, providing better drainage, soil quality, and accessibility, while also maximizing space and minimizing the risk of pests and diseases.
42. Install a programmable thermostat for energy efficiency and temperature control
A programmable thermostat can help you save energy and reduce your utility bills by automatically adjusting the temperature settings based on your preferences and schedule, providing greater comfort and convenience while also reducing your environmental footprint.
43. Build a compost bin for recycling organic waste
A compost bin can be a simple and effective way to recycle organic waste such as food scraps, yard trimmings, and paper products, transforming them into nutrient-rich soil that can be used to enhance the health and productivity of plants and gardens.
44. Create a designated space for meditation or yoga practice
Having a designated space for meditation or yoga practice can create a peaceful and inspiring environment, promoting relaxation, focus, and mindfulness, while also providing a sense of balance and harmony in your daily life.
45. Make your own herbal tea blends for relaxation and health benefits
Making your own herbal tea blends can be a fun and rewarding way to enjoy a variety of flavors and aromas, while also providing numerous health benefits such as promoting relaxation, boosting immunity, and aiding digestion, using natural ingredients that are both delicious and nourishing.
46. Install a shower filter for cleaner, healthier skin and hair
Shower filters can help to remove chlorine, bacteria, and other impurities from the water, providing a cleaner and healthier showering experience that can benefit both your skin and hair, while also reducing the risk of respiratory problems and other health issues associated with exposure to chemicals in water.
47. Make your own natural beauty products, such as face masks or body scrubs
Making your own natural beauty products, such as face masks or body scrubs, can be a cost-effective and eco-friendly way to nourish and rejuvenate your skin, using simple ingredients such as fruits, herbs, and oils that are free from harsh chemicals and preservatives, while also promoting creativity and self-care.
48. Create a DIY aromatherapy diffuser using essential oils and natural materials
Creating a DIY aromatherapy diffuser using essential oils can be a simple and effective way to enhance your mood, reduce stress, and improve your overall well-being, using natural and fragrant oils that are diffused into the air, providing a calming and uplifting atmosphere that can benefit both your physical and mental health.
49. Make your own natural insect repellents and pest control solutions
Making your own natural insect repellents and pest control solutions can be a safe and effective way to protect your home and garden from pests, using ingredients such as essential oils, vinegar, and herbs that are both eco-friendly and affordable, while also promoting a healthier and chemical-free environment.
50. Build a DIY sauna or steam room for relaxation and detoxification
A sauna or steam room can be a relaxing and rejuvenating way to unwind, detoxify, and improve your overall health and well-being, by inducing sweating and promoting circulation, reducing stress, and aiding in pain relief.
51. Create a DIY meditation cushion or yoga mat using natural materials
Creating a DIY meditation cushion or yoga mat using natural materials such as cotton, hemp, or wool can be a fun and sustainable way to enhance your practice, providing a comfortable and supportive surface that is free from harmful chemicals and promotes eco-consciousness.
52. Make your own DIY water fountain for relaxation and stress relief
Making your own DIY water fountain can be a creative and soothing way to add a natural element to your home or workspace, providing a calming and tranquil sound that promotes relaxation and stress relief, while also enhancing the aesthetics and air quality of the surrounding environment.
53. Build a DIY indoor herb garden for fresh herbs and air purification
Building a DIY indoor herb garden can be a simple and rewarding way to grow your own fresh herbs, providing a convenient and cost-effective source of flavor and nutrition, while also enhancing the air quality and aesthetics of your home, purifying the air and adding natural fragrance.
54. Create a DIY relaxation room with comfortable seating and calming decor
DIY relaxation room will help to improve our health, and in the room comfortable seating should be there with proper decoration.
55. Install a home gym or exercise equipment for better physical health and fitness
Home gym or exercise equipment definitely impact to our health and fitness. We should workout on daily basis which will help to maintain our fitness.
56. Make your own natural pet care products, such as flea repellents or grooming solutions
Making your own natural pet care products, such as shampoos, flea repellents, and treats, can be a safe and affordable way to care for your furry friends, using natural ingredients such as coconut oil, lavender, and chamomile that are gentle and effective, while also promoting eco-consciousness and reducing exposure to harmful chemicals.
57. Install a bidet attachment for improved hygiene and reduced toilet paper usage
A bidet attachment can be a hygienic and eco-friendly way to reduce the use of toilet paper and promote a cleaner and more refreshing bathroom experience, using water to cleanse the intimate areas and promoting better personal hygiene and comfort.
58. Create a DIY soundproofing solution for better noise reduction and relaxation
Creating a DIY soundproofing solution can be an effective way to reduce noise pollution and enhance your relaxation, using simple materials such as foam panels, acoustic curtains, or weatherstripping that absorb or block sound waves, providing a quieter and more peaceful environment for sleeping, working, or meditation
59. Make your own DIY cleaning solutions using natural ingredients like vinegar and baking soda
Making your own DIY cleaning solutions using natural ingredients such as vinegar, baking soda, and essential oils can be a safe and eco-friendly way to clean your home, removing dirt, stains, and bacteria without using harsh chemicals, while also promoting a healthier and more sustainable lifestyle.
60. Build a DIY meditation garden with plants and natural elements for relaxation and mindfulness
Creating a DIY meditation garden with plants and natural elements can be a calming and grounding way to connect with nature and enhance your meditation practice, providing a peaceful and serene environment that promotes relaxation, mindfulness, and a sense of harmony and balance.
61. Install a home theater system for entertaining and relaxation
A home theatre system can provide a cinematic and immersive entertainment experience, with high-quality audio and visual equipment that brings movies, TV shows, and gaming to life, creating a cozy and luxurious space for family and friends to gather and enjoy their favorite media.
62. Install a UV water sterilizer for improved water quality and safety
A UV water sterilizer can be an effective and chemical-free way to purify water, using ultraviolet light to kill bacteria, viruses, and other harmful microorganisms that can cause waterborne diseases, ensuring a clean and safe drinking water supply for your home or outdoor activities.
63. Create a DIY herb drying rack for preserving fresh herbs and adding flavor to meals
Creating a DIY herb drying rack can be a simple and practical way to preserve and store fresh herbs, allowing them to air-dry naturally and retain their flavor, aroma, and medicinal properties, while also adding a rustic and decorative touch to your kitchen or garden.
64. Make your own DIY natural laundry detergent for better health and environmental benefits
Making your own DIY natural laundry detergent can be a cost-effective and eco-friendly way to clean your clothes, using simple and non-toxic ingredients such as soap nuts, baking soda, and essential oils that remove dirt and stains, soften fabrics, and leave a fresh and chemical-free scent, while also reducing waste and promoting a greener lifestyle.
65. Build a DIY standing workbench or crafting area for improved productivity and creativity
Creating a DIY standing workbench or crafting area can lead to improved productivity and creativity by providing a dedicated space for focused work and reducing sedentary time.
66. Install a home security system for added safety and peace of mind
A home security system is an effective way to protect your property and loved ones by providing surveillance, alarms, and alerts in case of any unauthorized access.
67. Install a DIY rainwater collection system for sustainable water usage
Installing a DIY rainwater collection system can lead to sustainable water usage by harvesting and repurposing rainwater for outdoor activities like watering plants, washing cars, or even for indoor use with proper filtration.
68. Create a DIY reading nook or library for relaxation and mental stimulation
Creating a DIY reading nook or library can be a cozy and personalized space to unwind, focus on reading, and display your book collection.
69. Build a DIY greenhouse for growing plants and improving air quality
Building a DIY greenhouse is a great way to grow plants and improve air quality in your home by increasing oxygen levels and reducing harmful pollutants.
70. Install a smart water bottle that tracks your water intake and reminds you to drink
A smart water bottle is a useful tool that tracks water intake, reminds you to drink water regularly, and monitors hydration levels to help maintain a healthy lifestyle
71. Create a designated space for working or studying to promote productivity and focus
Designating a specific space for working or studying can promote productivity and focus by creating a dedicated area free from distractions and equipped with all the necessary tools and resources.
72. Install a programmable coffee maker for a consistent morning routine
A programmable coffee maker is a convenient appliance that allows you to set the brewing time and customize your coffee preferences to have a fresh, hot cup of coffee ready for you when you wake up or arrive home.
73. Invest in a quality juicer for fresh, healthy drinks
Investing in a quality juicer can improve your health by extracting maximum nutrients and enzymes from fruits and vegetables, allowing you to make fresh, healthy, and delicious juices at home
74. Use a natural salt lamp to purify indoor air and promote relaxation
A natural salt lamp is a beautiful and calming addition to any room that not only emits a warm and relaxing glow but also purifies the air by releasing negative ions and neutralizing harmful pollutants.
75. Install a smart speaker to play music and improve mood
Smart speakers are versatile and useful devices that offer a range of features, including voice-activated assistants, music streaming, home automation, and more, making them a convenient and valuable addition to any modern household.
76. Use a standing bike to stay active while working or watching TV
Using a standing bike is an effective way to stay active and improve your health while working, by allowing you to pedal at your desk, burn calories, and reduce sedentary time.
77. Invest in a high-quality blender for making healthy smoothies
A high-quality blender is a versatile and essential kitchen appliance that can help you prepare healthy and delicious meals, smoothies, and snacks quickly and easily, while retaining maximum nutrients and flavors from the ingredients.
78. Use a standing mat to reduce pressure on your feet and joints while standing
Using a standing mat is an excellent way to reduce pressure on your feet, knees, and back, by providing a comfortable and supportive surface that absorbs shock and promotes better posture and blood circulation.
79. Install a smart lock for added security and convenience
Smart locks are a secure and convenient way to control access to your home, allowing you to lock and unlock doors remotely, monitor activity, and provide temporary or permanent access to family, friends, or service providers.
80. Replace your bathroom towels with organic cotton or bamboo towels
Bathroom towels made with organic cotton or bamboo are eco-friendly and sustainable options that are soft, absorbent, and gentle on the skin, while reducing the use of harmful chemicals and resources.
81. Install a smart scale to track weight and other health metrics
A smart scale is a helpful device that not only measures your weight but also tracks your body composition, BMI, and other health metrics, allowing you to monitor your progress, set goals, and stay motivated to achieve a healthy lifestyle.
82. Use a foot massager for relaxation and improved circulation
A foot massager is a relaxing and therapeutic device that can help relieve stress, tension, and pain in your feet and improve blood circulation, providing a soothing and rejuvenating experience for your body and mind.
83. Invest in a high-quality slow cooker for healthy, easy meals
A slow cooker is a time-saving and convenient kitchen appliance that allows you to prepare healthy and delicious meals with minimal effort by slow-cooking meats, vegetables, and other ingredients, resulting in tender and flavorful dishes.
84. Install a smart doorbell for added security and convenience
A smart doorbell is a modern and useful device that allows you to see, hear, and speak to visitors from your smartphone, tablet, or computer, providing a convenient and secure way to monitor and control access to your home.
85. Install the SAD lamp that makes you happy
A SAD lamp is a therapeutic light box that emits bright and intense light, simulating natural sunlight and helping to alleviate symptoms of seasonal affective disorder (SAD), depression, and other mood disorders.
86. Duvet cover with temperature regulation
A duvet cover with temperature regulation is a comfortable and innovative bedding solution that uses advanced materials and technology to adjust to your body temperature, keeping you warm or cool as needed for a better and more restful sleep.
87. Mattress protector with anti-allergen features
A mattress protector with anti-allergen features is a practical and effective solution for those who suffer from allergies, asthma, or other respiratory problems, as it creates a barrier between you and your mattress, preventing dust mites, allergens, and other irritants from disturbing your sleep and causing discomfort
As time keepings going…
As time goes on we’ll keep adding to this list.